Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mr. Sensitivity

If Joey Porter played for any other team, I would hate him. He represents much of what I think is wrong with the NFL--he is, at least in part, a self-obsessed motormouth--but he also displays the passion that I so admire. I also admire the latest rhetorical flourish in his word-war with Browns' egomaniac Kellen Winslow, Jr. Porter called Winslow a word that journalists won't repeat (faggot?) after last Thursday's game, and yesterday he came out with the perfect apology: he's sorry if he offended anyone except Winslow. It's a beautiful move, because he lands the apology ("I didn't mean to offend nobody...") without blunting the point of his personal attack ("...except Winslow.")

Kellen Winslow declined to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home